5.29.2008

Keywords

Did you know that I can see you?? :)

My Google Analytics tells me all kinds of interesting things about the people who are reading my blog.

For instance, people have read my blog in 33 states in the U.S. Where are you people in Vermont, West Virginia, Delaware, Indiana, Mississippi, Arkansas, Missouri, Iowa, Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska, North and South Dakota, Wyoming, Idaho, Nevada, and Alaska??? If you are, or know someone who is, in these states - send them my blog! I'd like all 50! A big shout out to my top 5 viewing states: PA, WA, NY, VA, and OR. And yes, I can go right down to the town you are logging in from so I know when you read the blog! :P Besides the US, I am big in Europe, have been read in Iran, and Burundi (Thanks D!), and all the continents but Antarctica and Australia (but, yo, NZ, you rock!).

Today though, something in the data caught my eye. Below is the list of keywords that have led people from all over the internet to my site. Some make sense, some are confusing, some are down-right bewildering! I found myself wondering about the people that wrote them, and wondering what they thought when they wound up on my regular old little journal!!?

My number one biggest seller in one of six forms is "Cow Surgery"!!! Who knew?! Bri, you've made me famous! I didn't know so many people out there wanted to know about cow surgery. I like the variant "how to iv a cow"...not something I'd want to do by learning about it on the internet. And, I hope that person found better resources than this blog.

I personally like "toad with sticky feet", and although I didn't remember writing it, it leads you to this post.

I like that Yul Brynner made an appearance.

But, the one that bewilders me, truly, is the search for "hot slutty animal pictures". Wow. Now, I know I have a post that this must lead to but I cannot IMAGINE the disappointment of the person that clicked on this blog during that search. It must have been so unbelievably boring. The thing that worries me is that when you do a safe search for "hot slutty animal pictures" (and thanks to Internet Weirdo, I now have, *shudder*) this blog isn't on the first THIRTY pages of the results. I didn't have the stomach for more pages...so I have no idea how deep into the slutty animals search this visitor get before coming to Grumblehog!?! I hate to think of the new readers I may get now that I have TWO posts with the words "slutty animals" in them. Skeezy.

keywords

3 comments:

Brian said...

I will admit, on three occasions I sent a curious customer to your website fro pictures of a DA surgery. You should see my surgery setup now! I put in a big support system for the cow with lots of lighting on all sides. Thankfully I haven't had to use it much.

On a similar not about search words, it creeds my out that searches for "naked baby" appear on my webalizer stats. Weirdos.

Brian said...

Holy crap - your blog post Cow Surgery I is the #2 result on google with the terms "cow surgery"

Anonymous said...

Yul Brenner? Cow Surgery? Hot Slutty Animals? I never would have thought of this. LMAO. M

Post a Comment