8.15.2011

Seeing


On the way back up the trail, though I was keeping a good pace, I suddenly spotted these amazing mushrooms all covered in dew. They grabbed my eye because it's been very dry and nothing in the entire forest was wet, except suddenly for these few mushrooms. When I looked closer, I noticed the tiniest slug I've ever seen. Ever. He's about the size of one of my fingertips. I am sure that most people would have breezed right passed these mushrooms and the snail but I spotted it immediately and was drawn closer. I take this as a very good sign that my eye is still working, that it's still sharp, that my mind is really taking in all the details of the world and processing them. I was able to really appreciate this small moment out of my day today and that happens so rarely. I was alone, outside, in a forest, the sun was shining, I was breathing hard and using my muscles, and I had a few moments to appreciate some dew and a tiny slug.

No comments:

Post a Comment