8.15.2011

Scouting



I had to go on a scouting trip today to look for new locations to do portrait sesssions. I usully hate doing this, dread it, and put it off until the last possible moment. Today, however, turned out amazing! I went to a State Park that I saw listed on the map but had never heard of or been to. When I arrived, I found that it had the biggest most awesome playground I have ever seen (I really would have loved to give it a go if it weren't so crowded), a lovely orchard, and miles of hiking trails. They appeared to lead down to the lake but I had no idea how long or difficult they would be and if the lake would have a suitable payoff. Only one way to find out! And that's how I found myself hiking alone at midday on a Monday! One of the perks of the job, I suppose. :) The trails lead through a deep ravine that felt very far way from the city. And at the bottom there was a nice lake view and all of these trees that had fallen into the water to make cute little private cove type beaches between them. It would be lovely to spend a day there.

No comments:

Post a Comment