9.28.2009

Fergus

D300_A_DSC_0236_web640 I didn't feel like taking a picture tonight but I did feel like writing in my journal today and one needs a photo to be able to do that. Cat shots work just fine in that situation. Besides, I am on a quest to make September my first full month in quite a while and with the push towards 1000 I don't want to miss any more days than necessary.

I am currently engrossed in reading The Letters of John and Abigail Adams. I have a sort of historical crush on the Adamses after reading John Adams and 1776. They were a wonderful married couple and wrote each other fantastic letters over many years while they lived apart for very long stretches. I am completely charmed by them. She, running all of their domestic affairs, asks him, in Philadelphia, to send her things like paper, green tea, needles and pins, and thread. I can't imagine a world where I knew I was down to my last few sheets of paper or my greatest desire would be for more pins to sew with.

No comments:

Post a Comment