1.07.2008

Post Processing III

Currently, I am interested in taking an image as far as I can take it - maybe even pushing it until it is just a bit TOO far.

For this one, I overlayed another photograph filled with texture and to me the result looks as if you took the previous picture, printed it, carried around in your wallet or a locket for 50 years, and found it in a box of old photos.

Many, many times my mom and dad and sister and I have sifted through old albums and boxes of photos and seen images just like this one of parents, grandparents, aunts, and uncles. We've oooed and ahhhed over pictures of my grandfather from the 30's - "How old is grandpa here? Where was this taken? Look at his suit! Look at his hat! He was so handsome!"

Today, I was in the mood to create something like that now. I wanted a photograph of J, at 30, dressed up (for him), on a special occasion, taken outdoors (like most old photographs due to the need for light), beloved, classic, iconic. Maybe no one else in the world will see it this way but I DO. I imagine someone pulling this out of a shoebox in 2068 and and asking about it, bringing this day back to life, just like I felt it this morning.

B_B_DSC_6432_master1-2_web800_post2

No comments:

Post a Comment