1.17.2008

Old News (Books)

B_CIMG3761_web800-2Hi All - one thing I am doing new for the new year is I am figuring out what I want, and finding innovative ways to get it.

Right now, what I really want, what I really need, are BOOKS. Good books. Books to read. Books you've read and would recommend to others. Books you are going to take to the used bookstore (no, mom and dad, not you, I've already gone through all those books in the basement). Books that are collecting dust on your shelves. Books that you could get rid of to make more room for more books. Books you loved. Books that you can only part with for a little while because you loved them so much but would be willing to lend to a responsible person (me) for a little while and the promise of a return. Books to borrow and return. Whatever works for you.

I would just really hate to think that I am sitting here dying for books to read while you guys are sitting there thinking "What the hell am I going to do with all these great books I've already read?!?"

You can contact me to send books or work out a deal. You can lend me some when I come over to your houses. You can surprise me. You can think I am completely insane to ask for this and keep your books all to yourself.

THANKS!

2 comments:

SKBK said...

We have a couple hundred books available for "rent." Come by sometime and take a look!

Anonymous said...

Good to know this, Martha. I don't have stacks of books around anymore, but I always have a few to pass on.
Laura

Post a Comment