12.03.2007

Mushroom's Teeth

2007_12_03_teethWe took Mushroom to the vet the other day (ongoing story, I will blog about that some other time) and she noticed that he is missing a tooth. She lectured me on cat dental care and now I feel like a very bad parent. I always grew up in a house with cats but I have never once brushed a cat's teeth - we just weren't the cat-teeth-brushing kind of cat family! Can I take a poll? How many of you brush your cat's teeth and pay for those expensive dental cleanings?? (just need a reality check on exactly how bad of a cat parent I am...)

3 comments:

Graham said...

I had the same experience. I was chastised by a vet for not brushing my cat's teeth. However I didn't buy it when she told me she regularly brushed the teeth of her three cats.

I think you should get regular check-ups for your cat and might want to invest in some sort of tartar control cat treats, but I don't know anyone who brushes their cat's teeth.

-G

Unknown said...

Thanks G. I was thinking that's what most people must do. Who do I know that can afford to make those kinds of luxury choices for their cat? I'd love to have my own teeth cleaned first, thank you very much. I can handle the level of commitment required to buy and give him tartar control cat treats though!

Stefan said...

What! Tooth-brushing your cat? I know with our last cat, Louise, there would be NO way we could actually do that -- she would claw the crap out of us.

I think our current cats wouldn't be too much friendlier either about it.

Post a Comment