10.04.2007

Thunderhead

B_DSC_3103_webOne good thing about fall in a rainy climate is that the different clouds created are absolutely wonderful. It's like a giant kaleidoscope, always changing in the sky. I love the giant Cumulonimbus storm clouds like this one. I saw it forming and said to J, "Let's go outside. The most beautiful thunderhead I've ever seen is forming!" He had never heard the word "thunderhead" before. Thankfully, even though they perform this show for us out in the distance over the Sound, they don't always gather speed and bring rain. This one just seemed to disappear after a few minutes.



I have two back-to-back photoshoots this week (yay! please let every week turn out like that!) on Friday evening and Saturday morning so it may be a while before I post again. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

anzioj said...

There's an IPA called "Thunderhead" which makes a lot more sense now that I know this.

I guess "big-ass cloud" isn't a technical term.

Manassas Mom said...

These clouds are just wonderful

Post a Comment