9.20.2007

Rough Day

DSC_2468_blipSo, I guess you shouldn't shoot angry, or photoshop angry...but lately when I get really pissed - the thing I want to do is grab my camera. It's the photographic equivalent of punching your pillow, I guess.

Today, I just lost it. We tried to throw a BBQ. And while it was a little last minute, I will admit, it should not have turned out to be the complete and utter failure that it was. We invited about 10 people, all the people we know in Seattle, and due to various circumstances...ONE person came over. ONE. We bought $60 worth of food and I spent ALL DAY cleaning the apartment and preparing food so it just turned out to be totally sad that I did all that work for no reason.

The icing on the cake was that I have picked up some red sun flowers from Trader Joe's (a wonderful $3 splurge) that looked so pretty in a vase on our counter. All day when I looked at them, they made me happy because they brightened up our apartment and were representative of the special occasion coming up. When the whole thing fell apart, they seemed to be mocking me. I was so hurt and pissed that I took my anger out by shooting those flowers and making them into a new image. It felt cathartic.

No comments:

Post a Comment