6.15.2011

Garden Inspiration





I went to a colleague's house today and her yard/garden are totally inspiring. I took photos just so someday I can reference them when I finally get to make my own garden. First, it's filled with bird feeders and nesting boxes of all kinds. And they look nice, not junky like mine. Then, they've used most of their available space to put in gorgeous, neat, organized raised beds for vegetables. You can see them here, planted, though nothing is coming up yet. One has a trellis for climbers. On the side of the house (not photographed for some reason!?!) they are growing huge crops of potatoes in galvanized garbage cans. Awesome! They are even keeping bees in the backyard for honey. (See bottom photograph) I will trade the bees for chickens when I get my own yard but I love their raised beds. I will need to find someone to build them for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment