5.21.2011

Garden Report


Today I put in the vegetable garden in the fron yard. It's very small but it's what I felt I could manage this year without getting my heart broken. I have four tomato plants (two from Lowe's, two from the Farmer's Market). I planted 6 seedlings for sugar snap peas, and I've never grown peas or anything that requires a trellis before so I built this slightly ghetto trellis (I added more twine later). The last box contains carrots, something I have also not grown before. I feel a little like I am cheating with the carrots since I bought plant starts of a mini variety that doesn't need much depth. For all I know there are carrots in the right now and nothing I do will change whether they grow or not. The "underground" plants are fun to grow because they are such a mystery. Are they in there? Are they doing well? Who knows?!

No comments:

Post a Comment