1.14.2011

Tattoo (Part V)


Done! (For the day). It took about 3.5 hours of tattooing to do the entire outline, except for the compass which will be added next time. He didn't get to put in all the cross hatching yet either but he won't need the stencil for that next time. He cleaned my arm of all the ink and I went to check myself out. Despite how I look here, I was completely BEAMING, which lasted for about two full weeks.  He slathered ointment on me and bandaged my arm which mostly felt warm...kind of like a sunburn as I've heard people say, but not really that bad.

This is just the beginning. It's only about 25% done here and will be filled in and full color many months from now. Summary: totally awesome. I can see why people get hooked. There's something really cool about actually being tattooed (as in, having the needle on you) that's hard to explain but I actually enjoyed the entire process.

Since we drove down to Portland early this morning, and didn't spending the night, we left town and stopped at The Outback Steakhouse in Vancouver on the way back.  I was craving a big fat steak and my family's old celebration spot seemed like the perfect way to round out this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment