1.14.2011

Tattoo (Part III)





Right before he started, he simply said, "OK, you ready?" and I was like "I guess" and I braced myself for what I thought would be really really bad pain. I waited, assessed, and about 5 seconds in I said, "Is that it? Is that what it feels like?" He said "Yep, some parts might be a little more sensitive than others but that's basically it." and I was like, "Seriously? That doesn't seem so bad." I kept things in reserve though since I didn't know how 5 minutes compared to 3 or 4 hours. There was the potential that right now it was just excitement and adrenaline that was making it seem not so bad. But really, I talked to J, I sipped coffee and tea and water, I chilled in the chair. The hardest part for me was sitting as still as I possibly could. Occasionally, I would have to grit my teeth a little bit for like 3-5 seconds and that was not so bad.  The nerves beforehand were the worst part, and would prove to be for each session.

No comments:

Post a Comment