10.15.2009

Public Museum of Grand Rapids

D300_A_DSC_0937_web1200

This is a fantastic little museum. Wonderful. Worth the trip to Grand Rapids and the $8 admission fee. I enjoyed exploring it alone but I wish my Dad could have seen it, and my Mom too, and J, and everyone really because there was too much cool stuff not to love it. It had a furniture exhibit (which is currently close to my heart as I await my desk being made not 30 miles from here at Herman Miller), a carousel, a glass exhibit my mom would have liked (in fact, she owns one of the pieces they had on display), an old-school-style display of giant dioramas with animals in their habitats, and a 3/4 scale version of Grand Rapids in the 1890s that included a printing press with a volunteer setting type and printing bookmarks, an old general store that I wish my mom could have seen (since she grew up in a general store in the 1940s), and a replica train depot that my Dad would have just adored...in fact it included a lot of railroad items that my parents have in their home.

D300_A_DSC_0963_web640 (Love these colors together!)

D300_A_DSC_0927_web640

No comments:

Post a Comment