8.30.2009

The 20ish Mile Mark

The marathon really happens from about miles 20 onward. It's hard to explain, but it's true. I can only imagine it's more true for Ironman. We once again, drove back to the course to see her as she entered town, to give her any last minute encouragement that we could. As bad as things had been at the half way mark, and I mean for everyone, not for Michelle in particular (she, in fact, was looking pretty darn good compared to her immediate competitors), they were WORSE, way WORSE by the time we saw our pack of racers at the 20 mile mark.

IMC_117

The boys and I were what my family calls "punchy" by this point. Lack of sleep, boredom, stress, etc. all add up to a place where you do silly things and think everything is funny. We made up our own house music around this time and I did a dance of my special "Ironman Dance" to it.

IMC_116

No comments:

Post a Comment