7.31.2009

Found!

D300_DSC_8167_master_web640 J woke me this morning to tell me that our front door had blown open in the night and Fergus had escaped and was missing! Our cats are strictly indoor cats and Fergus especially (bless his stupid heart) has no "street skills" so I was very worried. We spent about an hour searching the neighborhood and calling his name before J had to go to work. I made up some fliers for the poles in our immediate neighborhood. As the hours ticked by, I was convinced I'd never see him again. Michelle suggested that instead of walking around calling for him, I just sit quietly on the front porch and wait. She said it sounded weird but had worked for them when their cat went missing. I tried it, sitting with some ginger ale and my book, and after an hour and a half he came running up the alley happy to be home! He's dirty and scared and will most likely need to sleep off his little adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment