6.14.2009

Sort of Swimming

Here are two photos that make it look like we actually did more swimming than we really did. I was too freaked out to swim into the deep so we swam parallel to shore. In this first shot, you can see my manky swimming arm doing whatever it does...
D300_DSC_5297_web640

In this second one you can see Michelle's awesome arrowhead arm position...
D300_DSC_5298_web640

Today is the day I realized that 8 weeks of swimming does not in fact cancel out 31 years of fear of the water. I had a complete meltdown in the lake, crying included, and was virtually unable to swim in it at all. If I am being optimistic, I will say it means that I need more open water experience and that this can be trained up to performance just like the body can. If I am being pessimistic, it makes me feel like quitting all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment