6.27.2009

End of the swim

D300_DSC_6491_web640 Here's me towards the end of the swim. Didn't J do an excellent job of tracking me through the water? I couldn't believe how good his pictures were. This makes it look like I did a lot more actual "swimming" than I really did. I did about 70% of the race in a crappy modified version of the breast stroke that I hadn't planned on and hadn't trained for. It was very frustrating and exhausting that the swim didn't go "as planned" but that's what this whole race experience was about. I pretty much wanted to die at this point, couldn't catch my breath, and felt like I was literally inching along, but I could hear Michelle cheering for me from the dock and that made a huge difference.

D300_DSC_6494_web640 Coming out of the water I said "I don't even want to know how long that took!" It felt like about 20 minutes. In reality it was 12:33. In this picture, my expression is exactly like one of my Dad's expressions.

No comments:

Post a Comment