5.24.2008

Day Two

D300_DSC_0336_web640
Day Two at camping was a bit of a departure from the norm since Mrs. Dragonfire is training for a half-ironman (she's so hardcore!) and needed to find a lake to swim in since the water at Penrose Point seemed to be in a perpetually shallow low-tide. I had seen a lake on our way to the campground (but didn't log it's exact location since I didn't know I would need it) so we went on a roadtrip to find it. We were pretty well lost, but thankfully I had to puke from car-sickness so while I was out I asked a local for directions. He said "That's a real nice lake for swimming, honey." (Honey in a nice way, not in a condescending way). So, off we went and we found just about the most damn near perfect swimming lake you could find. If I had a wetsuit, even I would have swum in that lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment