12.31.2007

Silhouettes

B_DSC_6208_web640We had our traditional New Years Eve(playing with the kid, putting the kid to bed, having a few quiet drinks at home, and usually going to bed around 10:30 :P). This year, thanks to the addition of a few more friends from New York we actually made it to midnight and beyond!

When we walk from the young Mannings' farm house down the road to the farm and the ice cream store (one of the greatest walks in the whole world, that I could take over and over again even in 5 degree weather), I usually end up lagging behind because I stop to take photos and my hubby and friends have long-since-stopped waiting for me. I was glad to catch three of my loves walking into the sunset though - Uncle J, Dana, and little Julia. I love the way mom and daughter are holding hands, I love the slight lean to Julia's body (just the way a 4 year old would walk), I love that the grown ups are walking in the road while the kid is stomping through the snow (just as you'd expect), and I love that she will never be that small again.

No comments:

Post a Comment