11.14.2007

Inspired

B_DSC_5025_web500B_DSC_5042_web500Finally, after many days, I was inspired to shoot something today and to pull out my old TTV camera for the occasion as well.

J's grandmother sent us each a card thanking us for visiting her for her 85th birthday.

While we were there, we had a discussion about handwriting and penmenship. We all practiced our various attempts and showed them around to each other and commented on whose was legible and whose was not. It was actually kind of fun to see everyone doing their best writing on paper.

Today, in her card, I really took special notice of her handwriting. Handwriting can be so personal and become emblematic of its owner. I am a visual person, so I wanted a way to make her card last forever, and for me that means photographing it. Somehow it feels more real and tactile to me than the piece of paper felt in my hands.

I am so inspired by this that I would now like to do this for other people I love. So, start practicing every one, I am going to be photographing your handwriting!

No comments:

Post a Comment