11.29.2007

Books, Books, Books

B_DSC_5415_web800Normally, I do the obligatory 'flip' to my TTVs and make them appear correctly. But, for some reason, I could only see this one this way and trying to flip it over made it look all wrong. It has to be this way!

One thing I love about this photograph, that you can't see, is that's there's this little bubble of very sharp focus. When I zoom in I can see the tiny indentations on the paper and the absolute crispness on the letters - only in a small spot - and not close enough for you to see here.

I buried myself in a book today. I know it's an escape tactic, and escape tactics are never healthy long-term, but it feels at least beneficial - as opposed to vegging out in front of the TV or the like. A friend lent me this book when I was at her house last night. I picked it up on my lunch break today and could not put it down - reading it obsessively in give or take 7 hours.

I also realized, that today was my one year anniversary of the photo-a-day project; I began it on November 29th, 2006. Not my 365th picture mind you - that's coming up in a few more days because I've missed a few. This is the first time I've been able to post a photo and say, I wonder what I was doing on this exact day last year and been able to go and see. It's a wonderful, affirming, feeling. I may go back to begin posting some of these photos from November - April of last year before I officially began this blog. That way, you all can see what it's like to try to take a photo every day for an entire year.

No comments:

Post a Comment