5.20.2007

Braille

A_DSC_7668_blip
A mysterious package arrived in the mail yesterday that had been misdirected and
rerouted several times, beginning in our old Brooklyn neighborhood, and eventually followed us all the way across the country; but it was never meant for us.

It was marked fragile, and I opened it to find about 6 pages written in Braille. They are very simple, very beautiful pages that were stapled in the left corner. They clearly aren't anything as long as a book - but perhaps a letter? pages of a manuscript?

I find this all very mysterious and intriguing (which is fitting as Braille began as secret code). I wonder what they say?! But, at the same time, I prefer not knowing. That lets me imagine all sorts of possibilities and it would probably be a let down to learn the real meaning.

I have no idea who they were originally intended for and there is no way to return them. I am thinking I may use them for some purpose; but what?

No comments:

Post a Comment