2.28.2007

Neck Face

CIMG2420_blipNeckface is a graffiti artist who used to do work here in Brooklyn and just the other day my hubby and I were talking about him like, "I wonder what Neckface is up to!? We haven't seen any new work in a while?!? I hope he's ok."

Apparently, as I found out today, Neckface is indeed doing well as he is designing a Neckface line of shoes for Vans. I ran into this billboard advertising for them today and was like, "Whoa! Neckface!"

According to the Vans website: "Neckface is the real deal - a skateboarder and artist whose graffiti assaults urban landscapes around the world. The prolific 21-year-old is friends with most of the top Vans skaters, so it was natural that he design product for them through Vans. Individual art pieces were created for the DD-66, AV Era, TNT 2, and Sk8-Hi shoes, along with matching t-shirts and a hat. The package is a tribute to hardcore skateboarding and the commonalities shared between skaters and artists. "

There was a long time that when I commuted into work by subway, the train went over the roof of a large warehouse that had a giant Neckface drawing on it and for no reason at all it just made me happy to see it. I always knew I was going to have a good day if I got to see the Neckface from the train.

No comments:

Post a Comment